Boo! Halloween is just a hop, skip, and a broom ride away, so I thought I’d kickoff this spook-tacular month with a treat. This pumpkin chocolate chip lip scrub smells and tastes just like a soft, warm pumpkin chocolate chip cookie. Everyone needs a little chocolate at Halloween, right? Now you can get your fix without the guilt of diving into a bag of fun-sized candy bars. This lip scrub is also perfect for those cold fall days when your lips need a little TLC. 🎃
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2-1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice*
- 3-4 tsp virgin coconut oil*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp honey
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, cocoa powder, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the coconut oil, vanilla extract, and honey and mix with a fork until the wet and dry ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the scrub into clean lip balm pots.
- How to Use: Gently rub a pea-size scoop of lip scrub across your lips. Wash off the scrub with warm water (or just lick it off). Apply a moisturizing lip balm.
- *Add more pumpkin pie spice if you want a strong pumpkin pie flavor. Also, add more coconut oil if you prefer a softer lip scrub.
I’m not one of those people who’s obsessed with pumpkin-spiced-everything. I like pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin cream cheese, and I’ll never say no to a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie. That’s Rule 1 of Life: “Never say no to a cookie.”
I found these containers in the travel section of Harmon’s for less than $1. They’re actually pill containers, but they work great for storing lip scrubs and balms.
What are some of your favorite Halloween/Fall treats? Let me know in the comments below! If you liked this post, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.