April showers? Freshen up on those cold, drizzly days with this mint limeade body scrub. Made with a few simple ingredients, this invigorating body scrub will leave your skin feeling smooth and luxuriant. Besides sloughing off dead skin cells, gently massaging a body scrub into your skin may also boost circulation and help drain your lymph nodes. You might also discover your skin soaks up even more moisture when you apply your post-shower moisturizer. And who doesn’t like the sweet, refreshing scent of mint and lime? Altogether, it’s the perfect thing for brightening up those rainy spring days.
- 1 cup turbinado cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2-1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp lime zest (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, stir the olive oil into the cane sugar.
- Add the lime juice and zest and stir to combine.
- Add the peppermint extract and chopped mint and stir to combine.
- Store the mint limeade body scrub in an airtight jar or container in the fridge.
I stored my mint limeade body scrub in a glass jar with a clamp lid I picked up at World Market. The jars come in a variety of sizes and are perfect for storing body scrubs, body butters, and all sorts of other homemade products. While I was at World Market, I also picked up some lime green paper raffia for $3.99 and metal rim gift tags for $9.98. Simple and rustic, they make great decorations for your jar of body scrub. Or trying spicing up your jar with printed labels, ribbons, fabrics, flowers, buttons–whatever suites your style!